In the Mind of the Beholder
Since the Palestinian terrorists declared a three-month cease-fire on June 29, 2003, the following events occurred:
- An Israeli woman was killed by a Palestinian suicide bomber at Moshav Kfar Ya'vetz (July 7)
- An Israeli man was stabbed to death by a Palestinian on Tel Aviv's beachfront promenade (July 15)
- An Israeli man was stabbed in Jerusalem's Yemin Moshe neighborhood (July 20)
- An Israeli man was stabbed while riding his bicycle in Jerusalem by four Arab assailants (July 23)
- An 11-year-old girl was wounded by Palestinian gunfire (July 28)
- Four Israelis were wounded in an ambush shooting near Jerusalem (August 3)
- Six Israelis were injured by a rocket attack, fired from a Gaza area under PA control (August 9)
- Palestinians fired on a civilian bus near Shiloh (August 12)
- One Israeli man was killed, nine injured in a suicide bombing at Rosh Ha'ayin (August 12)
- One Israeli man was killed, two seriously injured in a suicide bombing at Ariel (August 12)
- An Israeli woman was injured when Palestinians fired at her car (August 18)
- Twenty-one Israelis were killed and 130 injured in suicide bombing on No. 2 bus leaving Western Wall (August 19)
- Palestinians fired Qassam-2 rocket at Ashkelon (August 22)
- Palestinians fired five mortar shells at Jewish settlements (August 26)
- Palestinians fired 13 mortar shells at Jewish communities (August 27)
- An Israeli man was killed and his pregnant wife wounded when Palestinians fired at their car (August 29)
- Palestinians fired eight mortar shells at Jewish settlements in Gaza (August 29)
- Palestinians fired five mortars at Gush Katif community (August 31)
- A Palestinian sniper severely woundend an Israeli truck driver (August 31)
- Palestinians fired four mortar shells at Gush Katif community (September 1)
- Palestinians fired five anti-tank rockets at Gush Katif (September 2)
Now for the quote (get ready, this is good). Yasser Arafat's diagnosis of the Roadmap's failure (from a CNN interview on September 2, 2003):
"The road map is dead, but only because of Israeli military aggression in recent weeks."
CNN News Staff. "Arafat, Israel Trade Blame for 'Road Map' Troubles." September 3, 2003.
"Security Incidents map and Timeline." Israelinsider.com.
"Who Got Hurt?" HonestReporting.com Media Critique, August 14, 2003.
Return to Looney Tunes
Peace with Realism